Microphones for Song Recording Studio
Who doesn’t know about a microphone? But less people are able to choose right microphone for the studio setup. Below, I have given some features that you should look in a microphone before buying!
Types of Microphones for Recording Studio
There are normally two types of microphones. One is dynamic microphone and another is condenser microphone. Both work great in their field of application. There are many occasions when you need a dynamic microphone. There are many reasons when you need a condenser microphone.
Almost every music recording studio uses condenser microphone to record more detailed audios. Its more versatile and sensitive then a dynamic microphone. Mostly, all the condenser microphones are connected with a XLR cable to the Audio Interface, which there after connects to the computer to software. However some microphones also come with USB connectivity so that they can connect directly with the laptop / computer without using an audio interface. Here are some of the examples of the condenser microphones which you may consider for your dream home song/audio recording studio!
Why Condenser Microphones?
Condenser microphones are more powerful when compared to the dynamic microphones. You can judge from the following points:
- Its more sensitive then Dynamic Microphones
- It records more detailed audio when compared to dynamic microphones
- It is used in most of the professional studios
- It supports Phantom power too which can be very useful
- It can record every instrument with wider frequency range
Which Condenser Microphone to Choose?
You can choose the right condenser microphone depending upon the following factors:
- Your Budget
- Nature of use like .. aggressive/rough etc because condenser microphones are not made to use roughly
- Your recording place: Condenser microphones can pick more reflections and background noise because they are very sensitive
You can consider the following condenser microphones in India if you are planning to set up your dream recording studio at home!