If you are also planning to buy a piano online for practicing music and learning music scales and theory, then you should read this article at least once for learning that how to buy a piano keyboard for beginners! This article will help you with some examples of good piano keyboards.
There are some factors which you should consider while purchasing your first piano keyboard!
- Number of Keys in Piano: Number of keys in a piano plays a great role when you think about portability. It means it will be very easy to take the piano from one place to another if it has less keys. But if you want to set up a full professional studio at single place then you can purchase a piano which is of full size.
- Price of Piano: Price of piano is very important because everybody has his own budget. So if you are a beginner and you want to learn piano, then I think you can purchase a cheap piano that will cost you up to around 5000 rupees. But if you know all the basics of piano and want to enhance your knowledge and skills then you can purchase an expensive piano which will be having more features and versatility.
- Power Options: There are normally three types of power inputs for a piano. One is from Pencil batteries, second from direct electricity and third from any USB cable. So if you want to play your piano outdoor where there is no electricity then you can purchase a piano which will be running on batteries.
- Output Options: Output connections also matter when it comes to performance and recording. The piano may have 3.5 or 6.3 mm jack for output. If you want to connect your digital Piano keyboard in your software then you have to purchase a piano which will send the MIDI signals with a USB cable to the computer.
- Learning Software: Many professional pianos like Yamaha have their own music learning software in the piano. So if you do not have a physical teacher who can teach you piano, then you can purchase a keyboard which has its own music learning software, so that you can learn how to play piano by yourself.
- Brand: If you want to buy piano online then you might also be thinking about what are the brands of piano. There are many famous companies which make piano just like Yamaha and Casio. But, as a fully beginner, you can purchase a piano which fits in your budget rather than choosing a company.
- Customer Support and Warranty: Almost every digital keyboard piano making company provides its customer support. So you have also to look that does that particular piano company has its customer center in your town. So that in case if you face any problem, you can take your piano to the customer center and they can help you.
- Velocity Sensitive: Piano sensitiveness is very important for the professional piano players or if you want to record your digital keyboard into your software. Velocity sensitive means that the harder you press the keys of piano, the louder it sounds. If You Hit the keys softly then the sound volume will be less. So it is very good to give some variations to your music. For example playing live in any orchestra or bands for changing the moods of song.
- Pitch Shift and Modulation Wheel: Pitch shift is very important for giving realistic effects to some of the internal instrument sounds of piano. For example if you want to slide the guitar’s sound in Piano, as the real guitar then you have to use Pitch Shift Wheel. Similarly modulation wheel gives the vibration for modulation to the sound which is generating from the keyboard. So both are good for synthesizing the real sound of any instrument.
- Key Width: Key size is important for beginners as well as professional keyboard player. For deciding what kind of keys you want in a piano, you need to consider some factors. First is that, how much will you travel. If you travels a lot then definitely a big size piano will be a little bit problem for you. So you can purchase a piano which has mini keys. But if you are static then you can purchase a full size piano. Again if you are a beginner piano player then you can purchase a keyboard which has mini keys. But if you are a professional piano player then you can purchase a piano which has full size keys.
- Polyphony: Polyphony means how many keys on the piano can make the sound together. This is very important if you play from both the hands. This is also very important for professional piano player so that you can play all the extended chords and leads together without cutting any sound.
- Sound Libraries: If your piano does not support midi interface, then you have to purchase a piano which has a lot of internal sounds. Because a piano supporting midi interface can make a lot of sounds from the computer software VST Libraries also. But if your Piano keyboard does not connect to computer then all you have to use is the internal sounds of the piano. So you have to look for what kind of sounds does a piano have and it should have quality sounds.
- Midi Support for Computer: Midi support means the way your piano connect to the computer with a USB cable or another type of cable via the audio interface. The benefit of midi support is that you can record your piano directly in your software without wasting any time with the mouse clicks. Every professional Studio has midi keyboards for recording their sounds in the audio editing software.
- Keypad Lights: Keypad light is a kind of fancy thing because it does not affect the playing skill of a professional piano player too much. But for a beginner player it can be helpful. This kind of lights get lit when someone strikes keys on the digital keyboard.
- Sustain Pedal: Sustain pedal is also important thing which a professional piano players should look in a keyboard. This is used to sustain the notes being played on the keyboard. But I think for beginners keyboard players it will be okay to use a piano without sustain pedal.
Depending upon above mentioned features, I have mentioned these keyboards which are really cheap price and good in quality. You can purchase these keyboard from amazon India.